What can I do if I change my mind about a domestic violence case?

If you are the Petitioner, and the second hearing has not been held, you may appear at the hearing and tell the Magistrate that you want to dismiss your case.

If there has been a second hearing, and the Civil Protection Order (CPO) has been issued, you will need to file a written Motion to Terminate the Civil Protection order. When you file the Motion, a hearing must be scheduled. At the hearing, the CPO may be terminated if the Magistrate determines that the conditions in the CPO have been met.