How do I enforce a court order?

The proceeding is called “contempt”. A Contempt Motion, an Affidavit stating specific facts as to the contempt, and an Order to Show Cause must filed together. If you wish to enforce a child or spousal support order, you may also contact the CSEA at 643- 2765. The Court mails copies of all support orders to CSEA which send notices to Obligor’s employer to withhold wages. If you do not wish to file a Contempt Motion, you may file a written Motion with the court to enforce whatever part of the order you wish to have enforced. If you need to enforce a Court Order with respect to transferring license plates or to transfer title of a home, you may file a Motion, Affidavit, and Order and attach a copy of the original Order.